When you see bruises from the hematoma on your skin, you need to know why they are formed. Blood (mainly red blood cells) is released from the bloodstream, and then a series of sequential reactions quickly creates a hemostatic stopper at the wound site to prevent further bleeding as well as healing the wound, eventually restoring normal circulation. The above process is a very complicated interaction of many factors such as blood vessels, platelets, and clotting factors.
The truth is that products made with synthetic chemicals will cause many side effects, and this is not good for the health of the skin, as well as the health of the body.
Many safe methods are promoting the healing process you can apply at home. Of all these, using essential oils is one of the best methods.
Essential oils are extracted purely from flowers, leaves, bark, and wood and so on from the natural and contain a lot of antibiotic and antibacterial substances to relieve swelling and inflammation, promotes blood circulation. Thus the bruises have been faded away more rapidly.
Let’s see how to apply essential oils for bruises below.
1. Lavender essential oil
With antiseptic properties, lavender essential oil is very beneficial to support the treatment of wounds, cuts, scabies as well as infectious and analgesic bruises of all essential oils for bruises effectively.
After applying ice on the bruise, you can rest assured that the bruises will not show up blue or purple in the next day for mild cases. In severe cases, you may still find this bruise, but it is usually pale and small.
It is where you can use the heat to make the bruises disappear quickly.
How to do:
- Drop 5 – 6 drops of lavender essential oil to the hot bowl
- Dip a clean towel into the bowl, squeeze dry and apply directly on the bruise.
- Heat the towel when it is cool down
- Repeat for 1 to 2 hours and depending on whether the bruise is large or small.
The doctors explain that the heat causes the blood to flow through the bruise faster, thus causing more rapid bruising.
2. Melaleuca essential oil
Melaleuca has many preeminent features in curing some underlying diseases; so when it comes to essential oils for bruises, people cannot ignore it. When extracted from oil, it can decontaminate fungi, pigmentation, etc. According to analysis, the chemical composition of indigo oil contains a lot of useful substances for the body. There are two basic elements, Eucalyptol and terpineols, which have a mild antibacterial, melt bleeding blood and dissolve any bruise on the skin.
How to do:
- Prepare a clean bowl and add 3 – 4 drops of melaleuca essential oil and turmeric powder
- Mix evenly to make a paste mixture.
- Apply the prepared mixture to the bruise for about 15 minutes, and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Frankincense essential oil
How to do:
- You need to dilute frankincense essential oil with the base oil in a certain proportion.
- A base oil, also known as a carrier oil, is a vegetable oil used to transfer active ingredients to the skin. You should choose a suitable oil to combine with the essential oil such as coconut oil, grape seed oil, Jojoba oil, etc.
- Typically, you can mix 4 to 6 drops of pure attar with 20ml of base oil.
- You can phase more because of depending on the age and natural disposition of each person. For infants, mix only one drop of frankincense essential oil with 10ml of base oil.
- After a mixture of essential oils, apply and massage the oil on the bruises in about 15 minutes to feel the incredible effects.
The aroma of frankincense essential oil has a prominent effect compared to other essential oils for bruises is to help your spirit relaxed, clear your mind, blood circulation, cures the pains or bruises to make the body healthier.
4. Lemongrass essential oil
As the name implies, lemongrass essential oil is lemon-like, but it is lighter, sweeter, and less sour.
Moreover, lemongrass essential oil has many useful medicinal properties that we will know below.
Pain relief is considered a pain reliever and inflammation. Lemongrass helps relieve pain in muscles and joints, body aches from strenuous and athletic activities.
It works as a microbial and bacterial inhibitor that grows within the body, both internally and externally.
It also helps stop bleeding due to spasm of the blood vessels. It promotes contraction of muscles, blood vessels, thus relieve the bruises.
How to do:
- You need to blend lemongrass oil with base oil (carrier oil)
- For children under 6, the pregnant women, the elderly, those who have sensitive skin, weak immune system, or other health problems, you need blend one drop of base oil with 5 – 6 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- For adults, you phase 2 drops of base oil with 10 – 12 drops of lemongrass oil.
- Apply and massage the affected area for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Apply this method 2 or 3 times a day until the bruise has diminished.
5. Roman chamomile essential oil
Roman chamomile oil is 100% extracted from chrysanthemum flowers using steam distillation. The essential oil has a sweet and warm aroma, and its main ingredient is chamazulene, a beneficial anti-inflammatory substance, and bisabolol which have anti-allergic properties for the sensitive skin.
It can also stimulate the blood flow and prevent blood from pooling under the skin.
- Bathing with roman chamomile essential oil can help blood circulation, increase metabolism process and relax the muscle.
- You put a few drops of chamomile essential oil into the bath with warm water and soak in for about 20 minutes.
- You do 1 to 2 times a week is good for healing bruise.
- Phase 8 drops of chamomile essential oil, three drops of lavender essential oil, three drops of orange flower oil, three drops of patchouli oil and 30ml of base oil
- Massage gently into the bruised area for 10 – 15 minutes for the oils penetrate into the skin.
- Then use a dry tissue to absorb excess oil and bathe or rinse again with warm water.
- This method will help you to relieve the healing process quickly and help the swollen recovery more rapidly.
The above are all the uses and using of essential oils for bruises, hope that it will help you have more knowledge, improve the best health care home.
Essential oils for bruises mainly have many health benefits, with beneficial uses that are applied regularly and practically in daily life, so far there have been no serious reports of the side effects of using essential oils to treat and care for health.
Note to ensure the best for health; we should not be absorbed too many these essential oils for bruises at the same time, as it will be very toxic to the body, as well as the effect of dilating the blood of incense thus. People with hemophilia should consult a specialist for best practice.